The Consolidated Lumber Company was formed in Stillwater, Minnesota, in 1903. The original company consisted of five yards located in Stillwater, White Bear Lake, and Mahtomedi in Minnesota, and Roberts and Ellsworth in Wisconsin. Within ten years, the Company added yards in Hudson, River Falls, Webster, Danbury, and Grantsburg.
The next ten years saw the addition of yards in Frederic, Milltown, and Siren. During the 1930s, Marine-on-the-St. Croix and Spring Valley were added. The Company survived the Great Depression of the 1930s and the rationing, material shortages, and personnel problems of the World War II era. Following the war years, yards were purchased in Hayward and Spooner, which extended our services to more of Wisconsin’s recreational areas.
The 1960s was a time of change for our company. Not only did we add a yard at Amery, but we also changed the name of our yards to Arrow Building Center, Division of Consolidated Lumber Company. We established a new trademark, changed our company colors and modernized our stores to make buying from Arrow Building Center a more satisfying experience.
During the late 1970s and the early 1980s, we continued our upgrading. We combined several of our smaller stores. This move enabled us to maintain a larger inventory of materials at more centralized locations, allowing us to better satisfy our customers' needs. We initiated a staff of outside sales people to work with our customers and to offer professional advice and assistance for all building projects. During this period, we changed our logo once more to its present form and added another yard in Rice Lake, Wisconsin, to extend services to the Barron County area.
During the last two decades, Arrow Building Center has continued to grow. In 1997, we added two more locations to serve the lower St. Croix and Mississippi Valley areas, Hastings and Red Wing, Minnesota. In 2000, the Company headed west and added its twelfth location in Elk River, Minnesota. In 2002, we looked to the south and added our Kasson, Minnesota yard, making our presence in Minnesota even greater.
In 2003, we celebrated our 100th Anniversary! Our 100th Anniversary Book, "Dedication & Determination Chronicles of 100 Years," reflects the details of the history of this company. In 2004, we moved the Elk River operation to Big Lake; and in April 2006, we acquired a location in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin.
In 2010, we opened the Cabinet Gallery Showroom and the Post-Frame Division. The Cabinet Gallery Showroom offers a wide array of cabinets and countertops.
In August of 2016, we acquired two more locations in Watertown, MN and Glencoe, MN.
Today, our experienced and well-trained employees at our 16 full service lumberyards are ready to offer the best up-to-date products at an affordable price and to extend the personalized, professional service customers have come to expect from Arrow Building Center since 1903.
Stay updated with all our latest posts, products and offers! Just enter your information below.